About Us

My photo
Kasoa, Ghana
Back in the day, the old-days of the New Testament, it was honorable to be a disciple. It was so honorable, in fact, that a disciple would leave everything: house, friends, and family to learn to be exactly like the rabbi. During these times a blessing developed: “May you be covered in the dust of your rabbi.” Right out of college, two girls decided to pursue the call to teaching in Africa. They invite you to join their words and thoughts as they shake the dust of their chacos off on their blog, hoping to reveal to you all that God is revealing to them.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6, 2011


My exuberant Basic 4 class crowded around me this morning, all 40 of them asking at once:

 “Are all humans equal?”

“Of course they are,” I say. 

“How, Madam?! It is not true.” My most indignant little one answers. I love her spirit. 

“Like this,” I tell her placing her hand in mine.  “You see your fingers and the dips between? Your fingers are your strengths and the dips your weak areas. I have strengths and weak areas, too, see,” I say, showing her our clasped hands. “You and I, and everyone else,” I turn to the group, “we were all created by God. He made us differently. But, yes, friends, we are all equal.”

“I am equal even with C?!” my same girl, still full of spunk and life, retorts.

“Exactly. And equal with me, too.”

3 comments:

  1. so presh.
    <3 Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah is she precious or what!!!! A+
    Chimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she always makes your day! lol

    ReplyDelete