About Us

My photo
Kasoa, Ghana
Back in the day, the old-days of the New Testament, it was honorable to be a disciple. It was so honorable, in fact, that a disciple would leave everything: house, friends, and family to learn to be exactly like the rabbi. During these times a blessing developed: “May you be covered in the dust of your rabbi.” Right out of college, two girls decided to pursue the call to teaching in Africa. They invite you to join their words and thoughts as they shake the dust of their chacos off on their blog, hoping to reveal to you all that God is revealing to them.

Monday, October 17, 2011

One Day at a Time

First I would like to thank all of you who commented on my last post. It means a lot to me (I will explain just how much below)! J Don’t forget to give Lizziey some love as well please…

I am aware of the fact that I begged everyone who reads this blog to post a comment. Are you asking yourself why? Why would a silly comment be so important? Well I will tell you, but not quite just yet….

Last week was pretty rough for me. I dealt with a variety of problems and situations from different areas; from classrooms to the entire school, and even to our home, the core of the issues revolved around two things (or rather the lack thereof): organization and communication. No matter how well I started my day, I seemed to always end up feeling frustrated and stressed out by the end of the day. 
As proof here are my Facebook statuses for that week:
  • Oct. 10th: Every morning I wake up and DECIDE that it will be a good day. I ERASE all the problems of yesterday and START ANEW. I continually PRAY for patience, understanding, compassion and wisdom during my day. "WWJD? I say!" But at the END of the day, I am left feeling pretty much the same way as YESTERDAY. So I will WAIT for tomorrow to start again; knowing that I at least can make it through the end of ONE DAY.
  • Oct. 11th : "The tiniest fragment of obedience, and the profound Truths of God are yours straight away" Oswald Chambers. Then later on: Had a pretty good day! Thank you God! :D
  • Oct.12th: ...
  • Oct. 13th: IDK what to do anymore!


 One day I even dared to think about what it would be like to just go back home, something I couldn’t fathom up to that point. I am still here, so I obviously made it through that day! I had placed each situation in the hands of God. Continuous reading of the Bible and devotionals, reminded me that this was all part of the process and that God had an ultimate plan and purpose for it all. I know that God is molding and shaping His character in me, but did I mention how much it hurts? Let me tell you, it’s not easy! I don’t think any amount of warning can truly prepare you for it, but knowing what is “really” going on helps… if only a little at least.

Anyways, after making it through all the frustrations of that week, I made it to the weekend. We went to Cape Coast and celebrated the “year of the Holy Cross Brothers” (still not sure what it means…) on Saturday, and on Sunday the lights were out most of the day so I just “chillaxed”. Today, Monday, I had a pretty good day. We celebrated my birthday with the sisters at lunch, and I even got some cake and ice cream!

Lizziey made my birthday month, pre-week and day pretty special! She got me some really cool oil pastels, which I’ve already started using. :P As I’ve mentioned a gazillion times before, I can not (yes! it can be two separate words) imagine being here without her. Lizziey has a way of pushing me to be better every day, in more than just one way. She comes up with all the good ideas and plans, and I am just happy to follow her lead. Usually I am the person who widens other people’s horizons, but she is the one who constantly widens mine. Her support helps to keep me motivated and focused on the task in front of me. Your support, reader, also helps me immensely. It reminds me that someone from far way is still reading these words and waiting to hear more...

Nyame Irshiwau,
~Jamie

7 comments:

  1. ok...try #2...I'm not good at this commenting thing...

    Jamie! && Lizziey!

    I'm so proud of you chicas. <33 the blog. YAY birthday cake and ice cream! Keep up the AMAZING work.

    love always,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!! We are praising the Lord Almighty... He is so awesome and marvelous and amazing... I truly understand what you guys are going through, its painful but it is worthy. He is Worthy!!! Please remember that you both are an inspiration to many, hang in there... cling to HIM!!! Happy birthday Jamie ... and thank you Lizziey
    Love you princesita!!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie Anne!!!
    Cada vez que leo tus blogs lloro y río a la misma vez. Ministras a mi vida y me pompeas a seguir pa lante. Gracias!!!! por compartir. Sigue palante. Una vez en unos de mis grupos aprendí que cuando el camino se pone dificil hay es que LOS DUROS se talan el camino. Un abrazo. CHEKA

    ReplyDelete
  4. We read, we reread, we pray. Unfortunately I also pace, worry, wonder how to help, send more packages that don't seem to be arriving. I haunt facebook and sometimes feel guilty to have encouraged you 2 to follow your hearts and callings. I cherish the pictures and pray you are making a positive difference in your students lives. Hopefully you will leave a path that will make easier or assist those who come after you. Blessings and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jamie! Just read your blog! Don't give up! :) that's great! I have always faced situations where I just wanna give up pero then I think about the big difference it makes towards othere ppl by myself going through the pain. I"m proud of you missy! :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I know you can make it! Eclesiastes 4:9-10 Eso esta viniendo a ser cumplido en sus vidas! :) Love for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamiiieeee!!! Te amoooo! Tu puedes yo voy a ti. Go Jamie, go, go, go Jamie. :)

    ReplyDelete